Our practice center is located at Cole Field on the Williams campus (directions below), and is open from late May through mid August. Use of the practice center is free to all Taconic members. Guests, visiting alumni and the general public pay a daily fee of $10.00 (all the balls you can hit). A large putting green, a chipping and bunker practice area and practice nets are located at the golf course.
Hours of Operation
Opening mid-May through mid-August.
Directions From Taconic Golf Club
- Turn left onto Route 43 North
- At Route 2 intersection, turn left onto Route 2 West for 1/10 of a mile
- Turn right onto Southworth Street
- Turn left onto Lynde Lane
- Take a right at the stop sign onto Stetson
- Follow the road for 2/10 mile and you will see the Practice Center on your left at the bottom of the hill
Distance: 1.3 miles. Travel time: 4 minutes.
Practice Center Hours:
- Monday – Closed
- Tuesday – 8 AM to 6 PM
- Wednesday 8 AM to 6 PM
- Thursday – Closed
- Friday – 8 AM to 6 PM
- Saturday – 8 AM to 3 PM
- Sunday – 8 AM to 3 PM
Click here to learn more about our Golf Instruction Program. You can also contact the golf shop regarding private lessons, and upcoming instructional clinics.